Working With Others (WWO)
WWO is a whole school ethos and has become part of our vision and our identity as a school.
At Peter Gladwin we believe that we learn more when we
- take an active part
- communicate well with others
- take responsibility for our learning
- support each other
- recognise our own feelings and the feelings of others
- reflect on our learning and identify our next steps
What is WWO?
WWO is the explicit teaching of group work skills and developing
- problem solving
How do we do WWO?
- open, explicit pre and debriefing, as a group, to focus on the process of learning
- supervised tasks
- space and time for reflection to support and enable change
This takes the form of weekly explicit lessons and is also embedded in everything we do in and out of the classroom. For example, the children are taught “I” messaging as a method of peaceful conflict resolution to use in class and at play and lunch times.